Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Ideas for healthy meals prepared in bulk

ShrewdSimian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find meal ideas that will fit my diet and schedule.
> Due to time constraints (I work 14-18 hour days) I need to prepare
> most of my meals in bulk and eat them over the course of the week.
>
> I generally try to only eat "slow carbs", and aside from a sprinkle of
> cheese here and there, I avoid dairy. Sadly, I also can't eat gluten,
> which jacks me up. I also need loads of protein in my meals.
>
> I'm hoping that you all here can drop me some recipe recommendations,
> or even point me to some web sites, that will fit the bill for these
> bulk meals I need.
>
> I used to run off crustless dairy-free breakfast quiche and tuna
> salad, but that isn't cutting the mustard anymore.
>
> Ideas?

I've been eating a lot of vegetable soup lately, with a lot of pepper
in it; gonna make a pot tonight because it's both filling and
slimming. A 3.5 quart pot will last me almost a week.

How about beans?

Or cook a ham or a turkey and nibble on that until it's gone.

-Bob