Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes,rec.food.drink
merryb merryb is offline

Default How to make fruit smoothy without it solidifying later in the fridge?

On Nov 21, 1:16*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Nov 21, 4:12*pm, Sum Guy > wrote:
>
> > Is there some ingredient that can be added to a fruit smoothy that will
> > prevent it from solidifying or turning into a gelled mass when its kept
> > in the fridge?

> > Or is there a recipe somewhere for smoothies that don't turn semi-solid
> > after being kept for a few days in the fridge?

> Mine didn't turn to a gelled mass - the ingredients simply separated
> but I could stir and still enjoy. *That said, I usually just make it
> up and drink it immediately. *Some days it's my lunch!!
>
> My fave concoction is milk, plain yogurt, banana, papaya,
> strawberries, dash of cocoa powder, *maybe even a tsp. of peanut
> butter, sometimes lecithin granules ( I bought a huge vat of the stuff
> and am bound to use it.)

Try adding a couple of tablespoons of wheat germ to it- you'll never
know it's there. My oldest son is having jaw surgery on the first, and
will be staying at our house for the first few days after the
procedure. Even though his jaw shouldn't have to be wired, he will be
on a liquid diet. I am prepared for lots of smoothies, plus all the
cream of whatever soups he can handle!