Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.food.recipes,rec.food.drink
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default How to make fruit smoothy without it solidifying later in the fridge?

On Nov 21, 4:12*pm, Sum Guy > wrote:
> Is there some ingredient that can be added to a fruit smoothy that will
> prevent it from solidifying or turning into a gelled mass when its kept
> in the fridge?
>
> Or is there a recipe somewhere for smoothies that don't turn semi-solid
> after being kept for a few days in the fridge?

Mine didn't turn to a gelled mass - the ingredients simply separated
but I could stir and still enjoy. That said, I usually just make it
up and drink it immediately. Some days it's my lunch!!

My fave concoction is milk, plain yogurt, banana, papaya,
strawberries, dash of cocoa powder, maybe even a tsp. of peanut
butter, sometimes lecithin granules ( I bought a huge vat of the stuff
and am bound to use it.)