Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.support.diabetes
Dennes De Mennes Dennes De Mennes is offline

Default A Wholesome, Plant-Based Diet May Cut Risks and Complications of Diabetes

In article >,
says...
|:|
|:|On Nov 18, 9:33*am, Dennes De Mennes > wrote:
|:|> In article >, jaym1212
|:|> @hotmail.com says...
|:|> |:|
|:|> |:|> there's also the glycemic index you need to look at. fruits such as papaya, mango,
|:|> |:|> pineapple, etc. are just as bad as straight sugar ...
|:|> |:|
http://www.naturaleater.com/natural-...ating-appendix...
|:|>
|:|> table 2 you can see lists them as foods to be eaten in controlled quantities, the
|:|> quantity being 1 banana, or 1 slice of melon. tables 3 4 and 5 are the G.I. tables, and
|:|> banana is listed in the borderline table (table 4) with an index of 45 if green, and
|:|> melon in the bad table (table 3), with an index of 70, but another difference is that the
|:|> melon is low density and the banana medium, so they sort of cancel out, banana is less
|:|> glycemic but more dense, the other high glycemic but low density.
|:|>
|:|> this is the link to the whole book that's available online for free:http://www.naturaleater.com/Natural-...-Web-Index.htm
|:|>
|:|> this is another guide that can be downloaded:http://www.naturaleater.com/guide/guide.htm
|:|>
|:|> not sure if it's the same as the natural eating book, or something else. i haven't looked
|:|> at that one yet.
|:|
|:|I have reservations on numerous things on the linked pages.
|:|To start with a lot restrictions on fructose and fructose containing
|:|fruits. Still interesting. Just remember this is a room full of folks
|:|with either full DM or prediabetes depending on the
|:|diagnositic thresholds chosen.

yeah--consider it just one more source of health information but not the definitive one,
this guy even opposes all grains and all legumes, not to mention all dairy...

but he's convincing on the proposition that meat is not as poisonous as it's been made
out to be by most vegetarians. it just has to be wild game, not farmed.