Posted to rec.food.cooking
Michel Boucher[_3_] Michel Boucher[_3_] is offline

Default Monte Cristo Sandwich

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> So, if you've ever had or were going to make a Monte Cristo
> sandwich, how would you go about it? No googling If
> you've ever had one you'll know it!

In my experience, and I do stress it is my experience and I make no
claim for special knowledge, it's a croque-monsieur with a slice of
turkey added.

Having said that, I checked and the slice of turkey is apparently a
"regional" variation, in my case the region of southern New
Brunswick, the city of Saint John to be precise. It was what I ate
a few times at the Delta hotel there, back 30 some years ago when I
had to travel to Saint John to spend time with my infant daughter.

I have not had it since. I have not seen it on menus since.

--

If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn’t
help the poor, either we’ve got to pretend that Jesus

Stephen Colbert (via videcormeum)