Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Do you have a good recipe for Hamburger Buns?

On Nov 17, 7:10*pm, "Pico Rico" > wrote:
> What is the best bun to bake? *The stuff I have seen and even gotten in
> restaurants are generally pretty uninspiring.
>
> And, as long as we are at it, use the same recipe for hot dog buns?

WHOLE WHEAT HAMBURGER BUNS

I make these abt twice a week and like the results.

Into my ABM I dump:

5/8 C water
1 egg
1 & 1/3 C bread flour (I mix KA with gluten, I cup to 1 T.)
1/3 C Whole wheat flour
1/2 t. salt
3 T safflower oil (sometimes canola, if I'm out of saf)
2-3 T sugar
2 t. dry active yeast

Use dough setting.
I roll the dough into long ropes, then fashion into a rosette shaped
bun. Sometimes I roll the ropes first in rye flour. Cover and let
rise in a warm oven for abt 10 mins.

Bake at 400 on a parchment covered sheet. Check after 10 minutes.
I get 5 good sized rolls out of this. I also have the quantities if
you want to make about 8 rolls.

I also have used this recipe for a nice loaf of bread made in the
ABM. Heat the water in mike for 30 sec. on high. I used the rapid
bake setting on the ABM.