Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pennyaline[_9_] Pennyaline[_9_] is offline

Default Chicken Liver Pate

On 11/17/2011 4:01 PM, sf wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 14:32:23 -0800, "Pico Rico"
> > wrote:
>
>>> Even a food processor can't make overcooked livers "creamy smooth" no
>>> matter how hard you try or how much fat you add, but chicken livers that
>>> are cooked through and still pink in the center are moist and smooth as
>>> silk without mechanical assistance. I also don't bother brining chicken
>>> livers for pate. I add the seasoning later.

>> Thank you for sharing your opinion. I find it very helpful.

> Chopped chicken livers aren't supposed to be smooth, so if you end up
> with chunky chicken livers - change the name (it'll still taste good).

The meat itself is wonderfully moist and smooth, not the dry and grainy
crud that most people think of when they talk about liver. Even if you
don't whir it into a uniform paste, there are no dry lumps. It's velvety
on the tongue when eaten.