Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default low sugar peach jam, comments

In article >,
songbird > wrote:

> as my try of the strawberry low sugar
> was not very good to my taste (too bland
> and the color went off) i wasn't too sure
> how the peach jam would turn out, but i
> made some anyways (so i could give some
> to my diabetic step-Ma).
>
> i finally opened up a jar of it this
> week and am pleasantly surprised by how
> it turned out. the peaches have a
> stronger flavor and so the result is not
> bland and the color has not gone off at
> all.
>
> quite happy and will probably do more
> of this again if i get the chance.
>
> however, like the strawberry low sugar
> it is too easy to eat a whole jar of this
> quickly.
>

> songbird (no beets were touched when
> writing this post

:-)

Keep your jam in the dark. Sugar helps with the color, too, as well as
the flavor and preservation. Have you ever noticed that the no-sugar
fruit spreads in the supermarket ‹ they get brownish in color with age.
--
Barb,
http://web.me.com/barbschaller September 5, 2011