Dar V

Default finishing questions

You know Dan, I never thought about that. Now this is the way I've been
doing it - At about 6 months, I rack the wine to a new jug, siphoning off
about a cup or so into a clear glass measuring cup. To this I add my
crushed campden tablet. After stirring until it is mixed, I pour back into
the gallon jug. Then I pour another cup or so out of the gallon jug - add
my stabilizing agent, stir to make sure it is dissolved, and then pour back
into the jug. Then I pour some more out - add the sugar, stir until
dissolved, and pour back into my 1 gallon jug. I've been known to use my
big stir stick to stir the contents of the entire jug, to make sure
everything is mixed. Then I put the bung and airlock back on and let it sit
for a month before I rack again and then bottle. I do it all at once. It
seems to work. Maybe someone will offer a different approach.
Darlene

om...