Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: 2 Synthetic and 1 natural cork, with a screwcap.

2007 Moreau "Les Clos" Chablis was good with steelhead, the most infantile baby bok choy I've ever bought, and pasta with radishleaf pesto.
A bit tight though tasty with meal, opens up throughout evening. Green apple, lemon, lots of mineral, good cut, full but not heavy. B+/A-

We had the 2002 Nigl "Senftenberger Piri" Gruner Veltliner with red lentil dal and brown rice. Wish I had noted the synthetic cork, wouldn't have pushed this long. Mature bordering tired, some petrol over peach fruit and a white pepper note. Lots of this leftover, next day totally oxidized. B-/C+ on night 1.

With roast chicken, Brussels sprouts, and salad, the 2009 Brun/Terres Dorees "L'Ancien" Beaujolais VV, Full, ripe, delicious. Acidic and even tannic structure under the cherry fruit. I can see how purists could find 2009 atypical, but this is lovely and one of my favorite vintages of a annual buy for me. But I'll keep in mind fake cork. B++

When I unscrew the cap on the 2009 Lauer "Barrel X" Riesling there was a bit of an off odor (a tad rubbery, I assume some form of reduction), but it blows off quickly, leaving behind a nice taut Riesling, with granny smith and slate notes overed a balanced halbtrocken body. B+/B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.