Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
injipoint[_2_] injipoint[_2_] is offline

Default Avocado salsa

On 17/10/2011 10:58 PM, Robert Pedersen wrote:
> On Oct 17, 5:53 pm, > wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 14:14:13 -0700, Ken >
>> wrote:

>>> Maybe, but note that he says "thin" and "quite spicy." There are
>>> exceptions, of course, but most guacamole falls into neither of those
>>> categories.

>> Who knows what he meant. Maybe he should look up salsa verde recipes.
>>
>> --
>> All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

> If I knew what I meant, I wouldn't need to ask. I've read that in
> Mexico, guacamole is often more of a sauce than a dip: if so, what I'm
> talking about my well be a guacamole. But it's certain that the
> guacamole I'm familiar with isn't much like the thin, smooth sauce I'm
> trying to track down. I appreciate the responses.

Hi Bob.
We sometimes make guacamole with chunks. We sometimes make it with no
chunks and mash it up really fine. Sometimes we put more heat in it
than other times. Sometimes we mix it with yoghurt instead of sour
cream, which makes it much runnier.

Depends on what we feel like. Sometimes it looks
green and a bit light-on, sometimes it has red chili flecks in it
Then you have to watch out. But it's still what we call guacamole.
Sounds to me that's what you were looking at.