Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Avocado salsa

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 06:49:57 -0700 (PDT), Robert Pedersen
> wrote:

> A couple of the local Mexican restaurants here have an avocado salsa
> available. It is a puree with no chunks, thin like commercial non-
> chunky taco sauce, and quite spicy. I love it - creamy and hot at the
> same time. Does this sound familiar, and can you point me at a recipe?

It's call guacamole. Creaminess depends on how much you mash the
avocados. Pick a picture that looks like what you like and click on
it to get to the recipe. http://tinyurl.com/44zf8l9 or
<http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1IRFE_enUS448US448&gcx=c&q=guacamole+ recipe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=926&bih =698>
http://www.avocadocentral.com/avocad...camole-recipes

Try to find Hass avocados or one with as much natural fat for optimal
flavor. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hass_avocado
http://www.avocado.org/avocado-variety-browser/

Happy eating!

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.