LG1111

Default pace of MLF?

When you conduct a healthy MLF, is there a predictable "pace"? That is, does
it start slow, build up to a faster pace, then slowly decrease? I have a
couple of batches that have questionably high acidities (pH's in the 3.2
range), and they're going VERY slowly 1 week after innoculation. I've used
some Leucofood, and I've put the carboys in a warmer location, and that seems
to help a little bit. But the last 2 MLFs that I did previously went like
gangbusters for 1-2 months.

At the current rate for these new batches, it'll take months and months for
completion. Any ideas?

Lee