Posted to rec.food.baking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Plz critique this Kaiser dough plan.

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 16:41:01 -0700 (PDT), Kalmia
> wrote:

> I have finally made decent Kaisers- took a lot of experimentation etc
> but now want to make a double batch of the dough in my ABM. Can I
> successfully freeze half of it? I just want to eliminate the dough
> making process.
>
> When ready to thaw and use, does it have to be brought to room temp?
> Any other tips?

I don't see why you couldn't freeze the dough. If you plan to freeze
it before you form the rolls, I'd say yes - bring it to room temp
before you continue and if you form them first, you still have another
rise to go don't you?

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.