Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.pets.dogs.misc
Phred Phred is offline

Default Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV Chef Says

In article >, Jim Elbrecht
> wrote:
>GMT, (Phred) wrote:
>-snip-
>>
>>I haven't seen anything from PBS (whatever that is :-) but I read a
>>paper recently on the domestication of animals in general in which it
>>was suggested dogs may have domesticated us, rather than the other way
>>around.

>I don't know about 'domesticating' - but my pug has certainly
>*trained* our family well.<g>

:-)

>>That said, I've often maintained that I couldn't eat an animal with
>>such noxious shit as a dog!

>Never been around chickens or pigs, eh?

When I was a kid my grandmother had chooks -- but a couple of dozen
spread over an acre of lawn wasn't too bad (though I admit to the
occasional "squelsh" between the toes of bare feet :-).

Pigs? Well, yeah, the pong downwind of a pig farm is indeed very
nasty. But I've only once had pig shit on my shoes (in India of all
places) whereas dog shit was hard to avoid here until the local
Council got serious about bylaws a couple of decades ago.

>I've eaten dog, and raised pigs. I think I'll stick with our [US]
>customary practices of pigs for food & dogs for pets.

Pigs were put on earth for us to eat!

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID