Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Who needs Halloween?

Nad wrote:

> I use an App called "TuneIn Radio" and search for Halloween. With the
> house Wifi system I put the speakers on the front porch and control the
> music with My iPad on Halloween.

I have a powerful home stereo system and two boom boxes. The home stereo
gets set on a loop to play the "earthquake" track from a special-effects CD
at fairly high volume. You can really feel it in your gut! One of the boom
boxes repeatedly plays a CD of "black ambient" music by a group called
Darkness Enshroud[1]. The other boom box repeatedly plays a CD of Tibetan
monk chants[2]. The result is a vaguely-disturbing aural phenomenon which is
a bit too ordered to be a real cacophony.

I don't decorate per se; I just put some dim red lights as the *only*
visible lights, and when I can I put a fog machine pouring fog out of my
attic, which vents over my front porch.

Bob
[1]
http://www.amazon.com/Unveiled-Ghost.../dp/B004KKYH64

[2]
http://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Tibetan.../dp/B00007MBAD (I
considered going with Tibetan throat singing instead, but thought this was
more interesting.)