Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

In article om>,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> Julie wrote:
>
> > It freaking drives me nuts when my husband calls while I am making dinner
> > or just after I have made it to tell me that he won't be home for dinner.
> > Of course if he had to work late, I wouldn't be upset. But that's never
> > the case. He just decides to go somewhere else on a whim. That leaves me
> > with a portion of food that may or may not be eaten on another day. And
> > most likely not. Sometimes he does this several days in a row and then he
> > blames me for cooking too much food!

> I wonder what his side of the story is.

I was wondering something similar when I read this earlier today. When
I was a little kid, my mother used to read some women's magazine. In
the front, there was a regular feature. I don't remember the details,
but I think it was a husband and wife telling their stories about their
marriage. The stories were completely different, but about the same
things. I didn't understand how two people could have such radically
different views about the same exact things. Later on I grew up.

:-)

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA