Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Favorite vegetable?

Tiger Lily > wrote:
: the inner parts of the celery are very nice

: the outer parts are very good for cooking in stoup LOL

: kate

I guess "soup" is eitboth soup and stew:-) Ingenious work. I wish I had
thought of it. I just souldn't resist, as it really is a good idea.

Wendy-who lives in a mistyped glass house

: On 10/12/2011 11:30 AM, Storrmmee wrote:
: > celery is a weird one for me, if i am not hungry its sorta bla to not good,
: > but if i am truly hungry its wonderful to me, Lee
: > "Julie > wrote in message
: > ...
: >>
: >> "Tiger > wrote in message
: >> ...
: >>> On 10/9/2011 3:39 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
: >>>> I may have asked this before but I'm going to ask it again. I have a
: >>>> hard
: >>>> time picking just one.
: >>>>
: >>>> I do love beans of all kinds. I could eat them every day but I don't
: >>>> because of the carbs. I eat them less often than I used to. But I do
: >>>> still
: >>>> eat them once a week. Exception being green and wax beans which I eat
: >>>> several times a day. Those are Angela's favorites by far so she wants
: >>>> them
: >>>> often.
: >>>>
: >>>> I also love beets but don't eat them often either. Nobody else in the
: >>>> house
: >>>> will eat them. Mostly I get them at salad bars but I do keep a few cans
: >>>> around just for me.
: >>>>
: >>>> Used to be peas were a favorite vegetable. I still really like them but
: >>>> since Angela is allergic to them I don't eat them often either. She did
: >>>> really like them so I don't like to eat them in front of her. But I do
: >>>> keep
: >>>> a few cans around. When I make tuna casserole I will put some on my
: >>>> portion
: >>>> and if my husband is home on his too. But again there is that carb
: >>>> count.
: >>>>
: >>>> Onions! I tend to keep several kinds and forms on-hand. I put them in
: >>>> darned near everything! I think not only do they taste good but they
: >>>> are
: >>>> good for you.
: >>>>
: >>>> Carrots. Not so much cooked although when my mom does with pot roast
: >>>> they
: >>>> are very good. I haven't a clue how she does them. She uses the large
: >>>> ones
: >>>> cut in sticks. She also puts in potatoes and onion soup mix. The
: >>>> carrots
: >>>> come out with the roast flavor but they are still partially crunchy. I
: >>>> also
: >>>> like the potatoes in there. Can't say the same about the roast. To me
: >>>> it
: >>>> is chewy and underdone, but perhaps that is why the carrots come out
: >>>> that
: >>>> way? I have tried using those and also the baby carrots since those are
: >>>> the
: >>>> favorite in this house. They always cook to mush even when I wait to
: >>>> put
: >>>> them in. And they never develop the deep flavor that my mom's do. So
: >>>> mostly we eat raw carrots here.
: >>>>
: >>>> Celery. So versatile! I add this to a variety of things and also eat
: >>>> it
: >>>> raw.
: >>>>
: >>>> Peppers. I add these to a lot of things too and I love them raw.
: >>>>
: >>>> Tomatoes. I love these both cooked and raw. Angela is finally deciding
: >>>> that she likes the raw ones. Still doesn't like them cooked. She was
: >>>> not
: >>>> pleased when I said I was getting two cases of organic diced from
: >>>> Costco.
: >>>> They have an upcoming coupon for buy one (case) get one free. I will
: >>>> donate
: >>>> one case to the food bank. I also found out they are in need of cat
: >>>> food.
: >>>> Yay! Have been looking for a place to donate that too. Ballerina and
: >>>> Jazzy
: >>>> are picky eaters and won't eat all of the Wellness brand that I stocked
: >>>> up
: >>>> on.
: >>>>
: >>>> Potatoes. Yes they are high in carbs. These are another thing I could
: >>>> eat
: >>>> every day. But I don't. I quit buying the large bags. When my husband
: >>>> was
: >>>> home we could usually use one up before it went bad. But now we can't.
: >>>> So
: >>>> I buy them a few at a time or a small bag of the little pearl ones.
: >>>> Those
: >>>> cook up quickly and they are very good. And they don't seem to spike
: >>>> me.
: >>>>
: >>>> So those are probably my favorites. What are yours?
: >>>>
: >>>>
: >>> I'm allergic to Bell Peppers and i can't stand celery.
: >>
: >> Ohhhhhhh. You're the one! I knew there was a celery hater here. I'll
: >> have yours then.
: >>
: >
: >