Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger[_1_] Bob Terwilliger[_1_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

Julie wrote:

> It freaking drives me nuts when my husband calls while I am making dinner
> or just after I have made it to tell me that he won't be home for dinner.
> Of course if he had to work late, I wouldn't be upset. But that's never
> the case. He just decides to go somewhere else on a whim. That leaves me
> with a portion of food that may or may not be eaten on another day. And
> most likely not. Sometimes he does this several days in a row and then he
> blames me for cooking too much food!

I wonder what his side of the story is.

> As for the sandwiches, I mostly just buy them premade now. He can just go
> to the fridge, take one and eat it. Otherwise we get to hear a whole lot
> of screaming while he waits for me to finish whatever it is I am doing to
> make the sandwich. And then while I am making the sandwich because I can
> never make it fast enough.

Screaming? Did you mean REAL screaming on his part? Or was that hyperbole?

This whole story seems too one-sided to be completely true. It reminds me a
bit of the old Thanksgiving thread where a woman was complaining that her
husband never got home from hunting in time to eat her NOONTIME dinner on
Thanksgiving. God forbid that she plan for dinner to be LATER than that.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.f...ca69678bce6162

(Start reading with the post numbered 25, the one from Shirley.)

Bob