Posted to rec.food.cooking
Cheryl[_3_] Cheryl[_3_] is offline

Default Eating Puppy Meat Is the Same as Eating Pork, British TV ChefSays

On 10/12/2011 2:32 PM, Doug Freyburger wrote:

> When the opening day of deer season was one of the most popular holidays
> there were enough hunters that deer in the country did not survive to
> learn to live in the suburbs. Over time the number of hunters has
> declined and the amount of suburbs has expanded.
>
> The deer who did finally wander into the suburbs have experienced a lack
> of predators so they are now multiplying like rats. And so they are
> eating more and more gardens.
>
> At some point animal control officers will be called in to cull the herd
> the same as has happened with coyotes in many areas. What a waste of
> venison.

Here in suburban MD, and even urban, I wonder if they will eventually do
that here? My mom sometimes has a dozen or more deer in her very small
backyard and she has nothing left in her gardens for them to eat.
They've even eaten some plants that they've previously left alone. I
think I already posted on here somewhere about all the deer poop she
finds and has to avoid in her yard.

I think the only predators deer have here are cars and trucks.