Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 17:26:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "sf" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 14:11:28 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:

> >> I don't think they are the same thing but I could be wrong. Doner Kebabs
> >> are cooked in milk.
> >>

> > Really? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doner_kebab
> >
> > --
> > All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

> This is one example of the recipes I had looked up.
>
> http://www.grouprecipes.com/97811/ho...ner-kebab.html
>
> I stand corrected. Apparently it is not *cooked* in milk but marinated in
> it. But I still don't think they are the same thing.

I think they are very similar if not the same. She says at the top
"Doner kebab (Turkish döner kebap, literally "turning roast"), is a
nomadic dish originating from the Turkish / Arabian area. The doner
was originally prepared for ease of transport and cured for long life.
It is associated as a Turkish dish made of meat cooked on a vertical
spit and sliced off to order."

--
All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.