Ben Rotter

Default raspberry wine advice

Frederick,

Aside from the puree Rick suggested he might use, we are talking about
cold processed fruit. Joanne is saying that when using fresh/flash
frozen fruit it isn't *neccessary* to heat the fruit. That's perfectly
true, and like her, I agree there is no need to heat raspberry must to
set the colour.

It's true that many potential sources of fruit for winemaking have had
some kind of treatment. There is a general opinion, however, that
these are generally inferior to the fresh version (of the same
original fruit quality). You could argue they are "just different",
but would you really prefer to drink reconstituted orange juice over
fresh orange juice? I think the answer in most cases would be no.

Of course, in the end it's up to the individual.

Ben