Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

On 10/10/2011 7:12 PM, Kalmia wrote:

> On the whole, I think that homemade by a decent cook tops most resto
> fare. The only reason we eat out is because I'm tired and/or have not
> the ingreeds I need for something and don't feel like shopping.
> Besides, I've cooked thousands of meals and deserve a break.

One the whole.... yeah. There is a lot of mediocre food bein sold in
restaurants.

> Better to order in a resto: lobster Fisherman style and other
> elaborate entrees.

Lobster is one of the easiest things to cook. From my experience, it has
been better at home than in restaurants.

We used to have a local restaurant that had incredible food. We used to
eat there about once a month. He has three course menu specials that
used to run $20-22 and they were good. The desserts were okay, but the
first course was generally a choice of a really nice salad or an
incredible soup, and the entrees were generally very good. One night I
hit the jackpot with an exceptional choice. I think it was called
Barcelona shrimp. I drove my wife nuts with my praise with every
mouthful. All the way home and all evening I kept thinking it was the
best meal I had ever had.