Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default Better at home? Better at restaurant?

On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:42:12 -0700, Bob Terwilliger
> wrote:

> I think it depends on the occasion. If you have reason to believe that
> a guest is feeling homesick, then he or she will probably at least
> appreciate the attempt and the sentiment. That being said, if your
> guest is French they'll disparage whatever you make. It's just their
> way.

<laugh> I'd say no guest would do that, but I know someone who is
French and I wouldn't put it past her. I do *not* call her a friend
though.
--

Never commit yourself to a cheese without having first examined it.
T.S. Eliot