Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Patty Melt

"M. JL Esq." > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> So my questions are... Do you normally put Thousand Island dressing on
>> your patty melt? And what kind of cheese do you use? Both of these had
>> Swiss but I am pretty sure that the ones I had in the past had American
>> cheese. I also think these past two restaurants didn't use a good,
>> flavorful rye bread. To me a good rye bread has a strong taste to it and
>> these did not.

> What you describe is a primary reason i don't patronize chain restaurants.
> Its all assembly line cooking.
>
> I resent the false advertising of those that advertise resturant food on
> their television commercials, and print media that DO NOT look anything
> like what your are served in he establishments.
>
> One local independent i will order a grilled cheese at comes with your
> choice of cheese, i usually get swiss, but grilled on a good white rye,
> with grilled onions, served with a individualistic potato salad and a nice
> big slice of pickle i usually pay a dollar more for an extra large
> serving of potato salad

I usually don't like chains. Shari's is not a favorite of mine by any means
but it was the only place we could get my dad to go to. He has had a stroke
and has lost some of his memory for things.

The other chain does cook from scratch. I do like most of what I have
gotten there but they have really weird salsa. I am not sure what they put
in it. There are tomatoes. I can tell that by sight. But the end result
is an odd color. Not dark red like it should be but sort of washed out
looking. And it is oddly sweet. It is advertised on the menu as sweet.