Posted to rec.food.cooking
M. JL Esq. M. JL Esq. is offline

Default Patty Melt

Julie Bove wrote:

> So my questions are... Do you normally put Thousand Island dressing on your
> patty melt? And what kind of cheese do you use? Both of these had Swiss
> but I am pretty sure that the ones I had in the past had American cheese. I
> also think these past two restaurants didn't use a good, flavorful rye
> bread. To me a good rye bread has a strong taste to it and these did not.

What you describe is a primary reason i don't patronize chain
restaurants. Its all assembly line cooking.

I resent the false advertising of those that advertise resturant food on
their television commercials, and print media that DO NOT look anything
like what your are served in he establishments.

One local independent i will order a grilled cheese at comes with your
choice of cheese, i usually get swiss, but grilled on a good white rye,
with grilled onions, served with a individualistic potato salad and a
nice big slice of pickle i usually pay a dollar more for an extra
large serving of potato salad
--
JL