Posted to alt.food.wine
cwdjrxyz cwdjrxyz is offline

Default Edamame

On Oct 7, 4:14*pm, NilsGLindgren > wrote:
> Tried an Alsace Pinot Gris, Dirler Bux 2008, but while it is not bad,
> it certainly is not the bee's knees.
>
> BTW, do bees have knees? I mean they do ahve legs (6 of them, even),
> but KNEES?

See http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-bees-knees.html for
information about the phrase "bees knees". I doubt if the name knee is
used for describing a bee's anatomy, but they do have pollen sacs on
their legs. I associate the phrase mostly with the US 1920s when the
Charleston dance might be associated with the phrase. I have not heard
anyone use the phrase in the last few decades.