Isaac Gish Isaac Gish is offline
Member

[quote=monkeyboy;1643754]A friend at work told me that Taco Bell tried opening in Mexico but failed horribly. That got me thinking: Just how different is Taco Bell compared to the average Mexican food?

I was an LDS missionary in South Texas for 2 years, and I ate all sort of Mexican food. Most of the people we were talking to were native Mexicans. I loved the food they gave me. One major difference that I noticed is the actual quality of the meat, the tortillas , and the beans. I definitely didn't feel like I just took a year off of my life when I ate what the people down there gave me like I do when I eat too much taco bell. The authentic Mexican food was so much better quality. The meat tasted real and juicy, not artificial and processed. The tortillas were thicker and tasted better.
Of course, most of what they gave me wouldn't be considered healthy, but it was way better than taco bell.
All in all, taco bell is a pretty cheap imitation of authentic Mexican food.