Posted to soc.culture.indian,alt.fan.jai-maharaj,alt.religion.hindu,alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default Origin, History of Cow Slaughter and Beef Eating in Bharat

On 10/5/2011 4:08 PM, uNmaivirumbi wrote:
> On Oct 5, 6:22 pm, George > wrote:
>> On 10/5/2011 2:47 PM, wrote:

>> Humans and our immediate hominid ancestors have always eaten meat - not
>> in rational dispute.

> Humans ate other humans too.

Not as regular diet. Human cannibalism is mainly ritualistic. In
instances when it hasn't been, e.g. the Donner Party or the Chilean
soccer team trying to survive after their plane crash, the victims were
already dead - those who ate the human flesh did not kill the victims.

Anyway, it's a different issue. Humans have rights; animals don't.

> Like Christians eat the body of Jeezuz and drink his blood

No one actually eats the body or drinks the blood. They are eating
bread and drinking wine or grape juice that symbolize the body and the
blood.