Posted to rec.food.preserving
Nad Nad is offline

Default Bread prices redux

"gloria.p" > wrote:

> Why not just plow up your back yard and grown your own wheat? As Lee
> said, there's a continuum and we all find our own place on the curve.
>
> gloria p

Wheat does not grow very well in my state or my soil is not good enough for
wheat. Especially the varieties that make great bread. I have tried, but
the varieties of wheat that does grow well here is ok for animal feed. The
local grain store does sell human food grade wheat from different areas of
the country. The wheat berries are sold in fifty pound containers. It cost
less to grind your own flour and for convenience I use an Automatic Bread
Machine. I make few trips to the market and I save on gas.

I have a small personal hobby farm of twenty acres. Fresh eggs from the hen
house, milk from my own dairy cow and huge vegetable garden. This is why I
have an interest in food preserving. This is my place on the curve.

--
Nad