Posted to alt.food.diabetic
BlueBrooke[_4_] BlueBrooke[_4_] is offline

Default experimented with diet this week..

On Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:56:44 -0500, "KROM" > wrote:

>well its been years of one way and other here have been successful in
>returning to a semi normal diet after years of control.
>
>I guess my system was too far gone...
>
>I wasn’t crazy..an example would be I eat a plain chicken breast and
>broccoli for dinner most every night...I added a tiny skin on potato that I
>ate with greek yogurt that I strained thru cheese cloth to make it even
>thicker with fresh chives.
>
>so while I can now randomly do that every so often and not have it effect
>me..doing this as a regular meal plan I cannot.
>it doesn’t effect me day one or two but day 3 I'm permanently risen in bg

This sounds pretty familiar -- once or twice a week, maybe, with no
problem. But more than two or three days in a row, and the BG creep
kicks in. It's frustrating.

I don't know what meds you're on, but have you thought about adjusting
them? Or are have you decided you definitely don't want to go that
way?