Posted to rec.food.preserving
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default Bread prices redux

On 9/28/2011 2:15 PM, George Shirley wrote:
> Went to the used bread store this morning, same bread that was #$3.39 a
> loaf at Kroger was $1.39 a loaf there. Bought two loaves of Nature's Own
> Honey Seven Grain and then they gave me two more loaves as a bonus.
> That's cut the price down to 69.5 cents per loaf. Guess where I'm buying
> bread from now on and the place is only about three blocks from the
> house on the main drag in our town.

I just Googled and we have an Orowheat outlet about 6 miles away.
Good thought. Their bread is not bad at all and I love their English
muffins.

Funny, when they first started making them they cost much less than
Thomas's. Now the latter is on sale most of the time for 2/$5 and
the Orowheat are $3.49 a pkg. Probably worth the trip if I have freezer
space.

gloria p