Old 25-09-2011, 07:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Looking For"Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

wrote:

It doesn't matter what recipe you use
because once you seal them up in a
container they're going to get soft. A
cookie that's dry and crisp on the
outside and moist and chewy on the
inside when it comes out of the oven is
not going to stay that way.

Not true.....for the holidays, I make 20 to 23 different kinds of
cookies, and seal them up in Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers and
keep them in a cool place for two weeks, or more, and they stay the same
texture as when I first store them away, but I've always had this
trouble with chocolate chip cookies, and have tried several recipes over
the years, hoping to find one that didn't soften in a matter of hours.

Judy