Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Looking For"Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

wrote:

>It doesn't matter what recipe you use
> because once you seal them up in a
> container they're going to get soft. A
> cookie that's dry and crisp on the
> outside and moist and chewy on the
> inside when it comes out of the oven is
> not going to stay that way.

Not true.....for the holidays, I make 20 to 23 different kinds of
cookies, and seal them up in Tupperware and Rubbermaid containers and
keep them in a cool place for two weeks, or more, and they stay the same
texture as when I first store them away, but I've always had this
trouble with chocolate chip cookies, and have tried several recipes over
the years, hoping to find one that didn't soften in a matter of hours.

Judy