Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Looking For"Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

ImStillMags wrote:

>you probably have an oatmeal raisin
> recipe that you like, but we were told
> ours were the bestest ever...

>http://hizzoners.com/recipes/cookies-and
>-desserts/186-hizzoners-oatmeal-raisin-c
>ookies

Thanks a bunch for both this recipe and also the one for chocolate chip
cookies, as both sound wonderful and the pictures look divine! I
couldn't find where it said how many cookies per batch each of these
make..do you recall? I'm not sure what butter blend is? I use real
butter for nearly all my baking and cooking, but some cookies just are
better with the butter flavored Crisco I have found.

Is it necessary, do you think, to use only unbleached flour for the
chocolate chip cookies? I always use pure vanilla when baking. I don't
have a convection oven. I have an electric range and the oven bakes a
little hot, so have to really keep an eye on something when it's baking,
and usually take it out 2 or 3 minutes sooner and I also turn the
temperature down just slightly.

Did you use to have a bakery, or something? It sounds like maybe you
did?

The recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Cookies I always use is the one that was
on the box of Mother's Oats years ago. I'm not sure they even make them
anymore, but I remember when mom would buy a box of them, she'd always
let me dig through the oats to find the "free" dish. :-)

Judy