Posted to rec.food.cooking
Judy Haffner Judy Haffner is offline

Default Maple Syrup

Ranee wrote:

>Not smokey like fish! Smokey is the
> closest to the description I can think of,
> it's almost like coffee. And it's definitely
> maple. The log cabin stuff is fake
> maple. This is the real thing! :-P~

No, I knew it was not THAT kind of smoky (LOL) and besides I have had
pure maple syrup, but I guess I like the 'fake' taste of maple, as in
maple bars, which I dearly love, and use to make myself, but now that is
me and hubby at home, I quit making them, as we don't need a lot of
sweets tempting us. I have always like maple flavoring in cookies,
cakes, etc. and the more the better, so is probably why I still prefer
my tasty Log Cabin, fake, or not....it pleases my taste buds, and hubby
doesn't ever use syrup.

Judy