Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp

"Judy Haffner" <wrote, in part >
> Over the years I have tried other recipes, that said they were "the
> best". Some used half butter and half shortening, and some used brown
> AND white sugar both. I was pleased with them the day I baked them, as
> seemed chewy and exactly what I wanted, but then after I stored them in
> a airtight container (usually Tupperware) they would get soft and break,
> and no longer chewy and solid. I get one I think is the "perfect one"
> only to be disappointed after they sit awhile.

Maybe you don't need a different recipe. Maybe it's your manner of storing
exactly what you want that's doing you in. If the room where you store the
cookies is humid and the container (although air-tight) is frequently opened
by a Cookie Monster - that's what's causing your cookies to get soft and
break. That's just a maybe. Worth considering though. OTOH perhaps you're
storing them too tightly lidded and a cookie jar that's not so air tight
would help. There are no calories in broken cookies. Polly