Posted to rec.food.cooking
gloria.p gloria.p is offline

Default Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft OrCrisp

On 9/24/2011 5:18 PM, Judy Haffner wrote:

> For many years I would only use the "original" Chocolate Chip Cookie
> recipe on the Nestle's semi-sweet chocolate chip package, and thought
> they were near perfect. However, the original recipe called for 1/4 tsp,
> water and I don't recall it using 1 cup of all butter, and the cookies
> were thicker and chewy, but I used 1 cup of Crisco shortening in place
> of butter, as found that made them flat and crisp, and I don't like thin
> crisp cookies.

Alton Brown had a show years ago that featured three different recipes
for chocolate chip cookies: crisp, chewy, or soft.

This is the only one I could find on the Food Network site:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/the-chewy/49666.html

gloria p