Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default turkey rolls

Storrmmee > wrote:
: now that is clever and i would like to know more, Lee
: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Storrmmee > wrote:
: >
: >
: >
: >
: > : you can spice this on both sides before rolling with the spices of your
: > : choice, but dh cooks it plain because we try and get the hugest turkey
: > : possible and after its roasted he cuts it into chuncks so we can freeze
: > it.
: >
: > : once cold you can slice for sands or salads.
: >
: > : it reheats easily and you can also dice it for soup and other alaking
: > type
: > : things... but i am guessing as i typed that its not kosher...
: >
: > This looks like it ould be good for a large buffet, so you wuld have
: > rether more even slices and can cut is easily.
: >
: > My mother used to make a chicken a la king with a veloute sauce(that's
: > cream sauce made with chicken stock instea of the milk) it was very good,
: > too. I remember her putting pimento into it. You can get quite ingenious
: > in making many dishes kosher by clever substitutions.
: >
: > Wendy

It's quite simple. Take any chicken A LaKing recipe you like and use the
chicken soup or stock in place of the milk in the "cream" sauce. I use
sliced musrooms and either pimento or fresh red peppers with a little
added inegar along with the cooked chicken. It is a great dish to use up
the chicken left from making soup.

Wendy