Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Robert Miles[_4_] Robert Miles[_4_] is offline

Default Menu for diarrhea?

On 9/20/2011 8:23 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
[snip]
> So what do you eat when you have diarrhea? Assuming you normally eat low
> carb .
>
> Thanks!

I've had alternating diarrhea and constipation, and found that for
that combination, increasing the fiber in the diet is best.

I've used Metamucil powder (made from psyllium) and also Citrucel
powder (made from oranges). Found in pharmacies, over the counter.

I usually keep some high-fiber rye crackers handy for times when
I run short of those. I prefer Ry Krisp brand, but Wasa brand
also works.

With Angela's allergies, she probably won't be able to use all
of these.