Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Menu for diarrhea?

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> news

>>> When I'm gut sick like that I throw low-carb out the window because I
>>> can't tolerate most of the low-carb foods. I go for plain boiled white
>>> rice until I feel like something more. Last digestive virus I had I
>>> think I ate plain white rice and drank ginger ale for three days. Of
>>> course it was tiny bits at a time to start, and by the time I could eat
>>> more I was cooking the rice in chicken stock, then adding bits of cooked
>>> chicken.
>>>
>>> I hope she feels betters soon!

>> Thanks! She was diagnosed with gastritis and is on treatment for that
>> now.

> Has she stopped the Met while she is sick? Metformin can prolong diarhoea,
> even if the cause of the illness is not the drug. When my ex was on an ACE
> for bp he had a bit of the ACE cough at night but every time he got a cold
> the dry cough would go on for weeks. Not so with the ARB.

No. The family practitioner said she didn't think it was the cause so not
to stop it. The ER Dr. said to cut back to 500 for a few days and then
restart it again at 1,000. If it starts again to call the Endo. I am
thinking perhaps she can still get benefits even if she is not on the
maximum dose. But I could be wrong.