Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default BB Italian translation, what are these items and what do they say?

"news" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> maybe 4" high ceramic containers too small for
> vases and without lids. They are also too oddly shaped to easily drink
> from,having a rounded flair just under the lip on top, a 1" waist and
> another rounded flair near the bottom before forming a truncated
> pedestal. Made in Italy, they are beautifully painted under the glaze,
> with almost calligraphic writing around the middles. One says Una
> Rasino, the other Una Di Tuzia
> I have uploaded a picture to my Flickr site .Any ideas?

You are missing the tops. They are containers for saving things in, similar
to some I have for herbs. Tuzio means flake, but rasino means nothing to
me. Rosino also means nothing to me. I am wondering if they weren't forms
of tobacco? I know flake is a tobacco term. Rasino/rosino could be a
tobacco type, I suppose.