Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Menu for diarrhea?

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> I can't remember for sure julie, if she will eat brown rice, get some
> of that cooked in chicken broth, then put in some of that shredded
> chicken she lkes and if she likes gravy sauces one of those gluton
> free jobs stir it up and give her to eat in small amounts... and just
> warm not hot or too cool, Lee

I read that brown rice has the same glycemic load as white. May as well
go for the white if using rice at all - in my experience most kids
prefer white rice. I was told years ago that there are (amongst other
things) 3 food items that pretty much most people can tolerate when
allergic and they are rice, pears and lamb. I think more liquid intake
is needed if you are running to the toilet frequently. If it has settled
down to only needing to go after eating then in my opinion liquids can
be lessened a bit. My 20 year old had the trots recently and I urged him
to keep drinking and he said nah, liquid makes liquid