Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Janet Janet is offline

Default coleslaw

KROM wrote:
> made the slaw with a head of red and a head of regular cabbage and
> doubled the recipe since it called for just one head.
>
> I used the Cuisinart to shred the cabbage to rice size bits and salted
> rinsed and drained it and shredded a few baby carrots..not many as
> carrot spikes me.
>
> I replaced the sugar with liquid splenda
>
> turned out excellent!
>
> was just as good as kfc.
>
> it was a bit dryer then I like so I made extra dressing to adjust it
> as I like and bough whole peppercorns to grind in my pepper
> grinder..nothing beats fresh ground pepper on coleslaw
>
> so I would say it was a huge success ..excellent recipe!
>
> I've seen some where you pour hot vinegar on the slaw etc...this was
> very easy..very tasty
>

> KROM

Recently, I've had some coleslaws from the deli counter of the supermarket
that were not strictly identified as "coleslaw." I'm sure they had real
sugar in them, and I didn't test afterwards, so who knows what they did to
my BG, but they were awfully good, and I think one could easily achieve the
same result with aartificial sweetener. One, which was VERY finely chopped,
seemed to have green cabbage, scallions, sweet red pepper, pea pods or
shoots of some kind, and possibly some green apple and/or cucumber. The
dressing was light, and mayonnaise-based. I think they called it crunchy
summer salad.