Posted to rec.food.cooking
Polly Esther[_2_] Polly Esther[_2_] is offline

Default cranberry juice

"Storrmmee" > wrote in message
> and if you have the space you can just freeze the berries and use/juice as
> needed, Lees
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> sf > wrote:
>>
>>> Is it possible to find plain old cranberry juice anymore? It all
>>> seems to be either mixed with another fruit or has high fructose corn
>>> syrup. Hubby bought cranberry juice cocktail for me and it's so sweet
>>> I feel like it will rot my teeth.

>> You can, but you really have to hunt for it!
>> I can no longer find it frozen but I can find it in the juice aisle in
>> plastic bottles sometimes. I share your frustration that most of it is
>> mixed with apple or grape juice.
>>
>> Cranberries are easy to process. I'm seriously considering stocking up
>> on cranberries during the holiday season when they are inexpensive and
>> widely available and just making my own. I'll toss them in the blender,
>> strain the results and freeze it.
>>
>> I love cranberry juice and can then sweeten it to my own personal taste.

Yes. Even plain old WalMart stocks it. The brand name is Northland. The
stores hide it on the top shelf way in the back so you'll give up and buy
something else mixed with another juice or tadpoles maybe. Mr. Esther is
firmly convinced that real cranberry juice has grand healing and preventive
properties. Polly