Posted to rec.food.cooking
A Moose In Love A Moose In Love is offline

Default Pork Imports in China

On Sep 18, 9:51*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Article about the huge increase in pork prices in China
> and imports from the U.S. *We're actually hurting the
> Chinese pork industry, because our pork is higher quality
> and the price is lower.
>
> http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_13728002.htm
>
> Interesting that of the 900,000 tons imported last year,
> 700,000 were pork offal, i.e. heads, knuckles, etc.
> I'm glad somebody is buying all that stuff. *Chicken feet
> are also mentioned, but no figures are given.

Chicken feet aid in making a good chicken stock.
Once, while in Mazatlan Mexico, we went into a tavern frequented by
the locals. We each ordered a beer. Along with the beers, we each
got a bowl of chicken soup along with a stack of tortillas free of
charge. The chicken soup was excellent. It was served with chicken
feet in there. I didn't eat them. Although they make a good stock,
they kind of turn me off as food to be eaten/chewed on.