Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Kisses filled with air

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>>
>>> When Quentin spoke of opinions he was speaking of his opinion of the
>>> studies he had researched over many years. He never had un-researched
>>> opinions. Everyone forms their own opinions about a subject. He was
>>> no
>>> different in that respect. He also mentioned a number of times that
>>> he
>>> was trying to fill a gap. The gap left from all the talks in the
>>> groups
>>> about medication, exercise and diet. Diet as in high carb, low carb
>>> etc.
>>> Quentin and Annette both studied the individual foods as opposed to
>>> the
>>> food groups themselves. They did indeed fill that gap. This has led
>>> to a
>>> lot of people developing WOE's that weren't just "eat a lot of
>>> protein
>>> and fat" and avoid the starches". That can be nutritional suicide if
>>> we
>>> don't evaluate what goes into our mouths.

>> I find it difficult to believe that people had to be told by someone
>> else that 'just "eat a lot of protein and fat" and avoid the
>> starches"'
>> was not sufficient nutritional consideration to give to their eating.
>>
>> While one might primarily mention the carb/protein/fat ratios when
>> discussing treatment of diabetes, most of the people in these groups
>> are
>> not idiots.
>>
>> PP

> You don't have to be an idiot to not understand good nutrition.
> Especially if new to dietary changes i.e. before one hears what others
> are eating. Plus Annette and Quentin took nutrition one step further by
> researching foods and their particular benefits, especially to
> diabetics, some of who need to make every single bite count if they are
> watching carbs very carefully. That's a lot different to being told what
> veggies/fruits are low carb/low GI. I'll wager there are a lot of people
> who don't know the value of certain low carb veggies over others. That's
> the gap I am talking about. And if you recall anything in ASD you should
> be able to recall that there have been many discussions about good
> nutrition when some people have shared their low carb diets in the
> group.

Indeed! Angela and I went to the low carb store again today. Oh and thanks
to the Boston's pizza delivery guy who parked (not in a spot) and directly
behind my van. Of course the guy parked next to me was fast asleep. Had
that spot been open I may have been able to (or maybe not) maneuver my car
over that way so I could have gotten out. So I was stuck sitting there for
close to an hour. I had no clue who the car belonged to or where to go
looking for them. There are all sorts of businesses around there and it is
a shared lot. But I digress...

Anyway, they had a whole aisle of Atkin's products in that store. Many (if
not all) of those things are loaded with soy and probably sugar alcohols.
But I know plenty of people who think they are eating a healthy diet if they
eat those along with their meat. It's sad.