Posted to rec.food.preserving
Mike[_2_] Mike[_2_] is offline

Default Homemade Cayenne Pepper Hot Sauce

"Nicholas Fryer" > wrote in message
On Sep 7, 1:29 pm, George Shirley > wrote:
> On 9/7/2011 12:00 PM, Nicholas Fryer wrote:
>

> I never did, with 30% vinegar in the solution I never had a problem with
> bottled hot sauce going bad. Not sure how the professionals do it,
> didn't ask last time I visited the Tabasco place. You probably will have
> to shake the bottle a bit each time you pour some sauce, it tends to
> separate a bit whilst sitting on the shelf.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks again!

I just got done putting up 30 bottles of a Pineapple mango hot sauce. I
prefer red peppers to be fermented and try to go easy on the vinegar. I
probably used 20% vinegar. Lime Juice has a lower ph and is a good
addition to use. I have a PH meter and normally my sauce is around 3.6 ph .
there is no need to have a bwb. I wash the bottles when I am cooking the
sauce and ladle boiling sauce into the hot bottles cap the bottles and turn
them upside down to sterilize the paper inside the lid.
I am on facebook under Mikes Hot sauce if you have more questions or
e-mail