StarrFarms1

Default Viognier Kit Opinions

Wow Ed! I just started a Viogner tonight! Sorry I can't tell you the
results yet...
I went with the Brew King. I've always made wine the "old fashioned"
way with grapes, but couldn't find a supplier for this type here in
Oregon, so I went with the kit. This was my first kit, and am very
impressed with how easy they are, so far. We'll see.
If you don't mind, I'd like to tag a question along with yours.
Anyone every do a MLF with Viogner? The kit doesn't contain the MLF
culture, so I assume they don't intend the wine to go thru that step.
I love the buttery flavor in Chardonnays as a result of MLF, and
thought that might be a good compliment to the Viogner. Is it OK to
put a wine kit thru MLF?
Thad