Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 06:56:51 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:27:27 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
ews.com...

>>>No. Why would I mention that? She knows she *might* be able to do that.
>>>Or might not. Most likely not. Depends on if their insurance would pay.
>>>We just went through this with my SIL's dad. He should really be in a
>>>home.
>>>But he is refusing. When his wife was in there they tried to talk him
>>>into
>>>going to help care for her. He is totally senile but he does seem to
>>>think
>>>that he is helping her. There was no way. Their insurance wouldn't pay
>>>for
>>>it and they don't have the money to do it.

>> Dear Julie,
>>
>> I cared for my mother in law almost till she died, and she had
>> alzheimers disease. They never want to leave their familiar
>> surroundings. It is very difficult. I hope you find workable
>> solutions.

>Thankfully I'm not involved in that one. But he does want to leave and that
>is a problem. He will get in his car and drive somewhere. And then they
>have to go find him.

On the newsgroup alt.support.alzheimers we encountered a lot of that.
The only way was to disable the car somehow. Yes, it is extremely
difficult. Thankfully, my 98 year old father quit driving on his
own. I have no idea how we would have dealt with that.

Evelyn