Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Swedish Hospital Cherry Hill Food

On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:27:27 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Robert Miles" > wrote in message
s.com...

>>> Angela and I have both suggested two facilities that we found for seniors
>>> but they were totally unwilling to even consider it. My mom however has
>>> mentioned that she might have to put my dad in a home. But she is very
>>> much
>>> in denial about herself.

>> Have you asked her to consider staying in the home for as long as your
>> father is there? That should at least allow her to get used to it
>> before she needs to make a final decision about whether to stay there.

>No. Why would I mention that? She knows she *might* be able to do that.
>Or might not. Most likely not. Depends on if their insurance would pay.
>We just went through this with my SIL's dad. He should really be in a home.
>But he is refusing. When his wife was in there they tried to talk him into
>going to help care for her. He is totally senile but he does seem to think
>that he is helping her. There was no way. Their insurance wouldn't pay for
>it and they don't have the money to do it.

Dear Julie,

I cared for my mother in law almost till she died, and she had
alzheimers disease. They never want to leave their familiar
surroundings. It is very difficult. I hope you find workable
solutions.

Evelyn